Tuition Assistance Programs

Tuition Assistance programs provide financial assistance for those off-duty soldiers who desire to continue their education.

Tuition Assistance Program Requirements

To be eligible for Tuition Assistance you must meet the following requirement:

  • You must have a high school diploma or equivalency certificate
  • Courses must be offered by a school registered in and accredited by a Department of Education approved accrediting agency.
  • Tuition Assistance must be used to complete a higher degree than the one currently held. It also is not available for degrees beyond a master's degree.

Officers who use the Tuition Assistance Program incur an additional service obligation. Active Duty officers incur an Active Duty Service Obligation of 2 years, while Reserve officers incur a Reserve Duty Service Obligation of 4 years.

Tuition Assistance Payout

Tuition Assistance will pay up to $250 per semester hour, with a maximum of $4,500 in one fiscal year. Tuition Assistance will only pay for fees associated with specific courses, other fees (application fees, for example) are not reimbursed.

Tuition Assistance must be requested through and more information can be found on the GoArmyEd Tuition Assistance webpage.

Share this