If you haven't attended college yet, and your interested in attending a four-year school and then joining the Army, this could be a great option.
To get an ROTC scholarship for a four-year school, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be between the ages of 17 and 26
- Graduate high school (or equivalency certificate) and have a high school GPA of at least 2.5
- Score at least a 920 on SAT (in math and verbal) OR a 19 on ACT (excluding writing test)
- Be physically able to serve in the US Army
- Agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army (as Active Duty or Reserve)
Once you graduate from your school, you must serve in the Army for at least 8 years. Generally this is broken up as 4 years in Active Duty and 4 years in the Individual Ready Reserve. Some cadets may be able to serve part of their time in the Army Reserve or National Guard.
How do I apply for an ROTC scholarship?
You can apply online - the first step is to create a MY GOARMY account, which you can do so by visiting this page. Once you have created an account, you can log in and go to the scholarship application page to actually apply.
Army Chaplain Candidate Scholarship
The Army's Chaplain Candidate Scholarship Partnership is a venture between the US Army and several leading graduate schools and seminaries.
Here are some of the participating school:
- Beeson Divinty School
- Biblical Seminary
- Columbia International University
- Concordia Theological Seminary
- Hartford Seminary
- Erskine Seminary
- Regent University
- Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
If you are interested in becoming a chaplain in the US Army, you can get more information by visiting this webpage at GoArmy.com or call the schools financial office.
Health Professions Scholarship
If you are interested in a degree from an accredited medical, dental, veterinary, psychology or optometry program in the US, this scholarship may be for you.
To qualify for the Health Professions Scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a US citizen
- Have an undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- Be accepted by an accredited graduate program
- Meet the qualifications to become and officer in the Army Reserve
In addition, you must remain full-time status throughout the length of your selected program.
Financial Incentives of the Health Professions Scholarship
If you are qualified for this scholarship, the Army will pay for all of your tuition, books and equipment as well as some fees. In addition you will receive a monthy stipend over $2,000 and you will train and receive officer's pay during school breaks.
After completing the program, your minimum obligation to the US Army is one year of service for each year of your scholarship. For more information, head over to the GoArmy page to read more.