The Nigerian Army is the largest service in the Nigerian Armed Forces, and the origins of the Nigerian Army date back to 1863. The modern-day Nigerian Army was established in 1967, after the end of the Nigerian Civil War, and currently consists of about 130,000 active duty and 32,000 reserve personnel.
Basic Eligibility Requirements
In order to join the Nigerian Army, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Applicants shall be of Nigerian origin by birth.
- Applicants must be medically, physically, and psychologically fit and must not be less than 1.65 meters tall for male and 1.56 meters for female.
- Applicants must be free of any Criminal conviction.
- Tradesmen and women applicants must be between the ages of 18-26 in July of the current year.
- Non-tradesmen and women applicants must be between the ages of 18-22 in July of this year.
- All Applicants must attend zonal screening exercise at the designated zonal centres for their respective states.
Additional information can be found at the Nigerian Army e-Recruitment Portal and at the Nigerian Army Official Website