You are eligible for enlistment if any of the following applies to you:
- You are a Citizen of the United States.
- You are an alien who has been lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence. The requirement to obtain US Citizenship within 8 years of enlistment in order to continue serving has been rescinded for the Active and Reserve components of the Army.
- You are a National of the United States.
- You are a Citizen (to include naturalized citizens) of the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM), Palau, and the Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI).
- You have citizenship derived from adoption. Applicants born in a country other than the United States that are adopted and are permanently residing in the United States can become a U.S. citizen on the date that all of the following are met:
- At least one of your adoptive parents is a U.S. citizen.
- You are or were under 18 years of age at the time the petition for adoption was filed.
- There is or was a full and final adoption of you and you were admitted to the United States as a lawful permanent resident.
- You are or were residing in the legal and physical custody of the citizen parent in the United States.
If you have any questions about documentation you will need to verify the above, you can fill out this form and someone will contact you that can answer your questions.