Rangers Lead the Way!
Rangers are a rapidly deployable strike force. The 75th Ranger Regiment is the largest Special Operations combat element in the US Army.
- Direct Action – seize, destroy, or capture enemy facilities or materials using tactics to surprise and confuse opponents.
- Airfield Seizure – Rangers are the primary group for forced entry operations.
- Special Reconnaissance – monitor and assess, find and fix hostile forces for future operations or for strategic decision making.
- Personnel Recovery – Trained to evacuate or rescue civilians and POWs in enemy territory, politically sensitive areas, or hostile terrain.
- Clandestine Insertion – infiltrate enemy territory using to techniques to surprise the opponent, seize the initiative, and instill confusion in the hostile forces.
- Sensitive Site Exploitation – collect and analyze information gathered on missions to conduct rapid follow-on operations that keep opponents off-balance and unable to counter.