Switching to the Army From Other Military Branches

Do you want to serve your country again, but want to work in a different Service Branch? Come and reenlist with the US Army! If you have prior service (PS) in another branch, there are opportunities waiting for you, if your Reenlistment Eligibility (RE) Code allows for reenlistment.

Required Documentation for Verifying Prior Service

You will need to provide an original or certified copy of latest DD Form 214. If you can't provide a DD Form 214 or DD Form 215, the following documents may be used to verify PS. Copies must be furnished to recruiting officials directly or through military channels by the records custodian for forms cited below:
  1. Certified, true copy of copy 2 of DD Form 214
  2. DD Form 220 (Active Duty Report)
  3. NGB Form 22 (Report of Separation and Record of Service) will verify periods of Army National Guard or Air National Guard service.
  4. DMDC REDD level 2
If the above documents are not available, then a request for verification will be submitted to the USAREC Liaison Team. Such requests will require the following information:
  1. Exact name under which you served
  2. Social Security Number
  3. Organization from which you were last discharged
  4. Type of discharge claimed
  5. If exact dates of service are not known, approximate dates
Share this