McAlester Army Ammunition Plant

About

Established in 1943 as McAlester Naval Depot, McAlester Depot was transferred to the Army in 1977, and is the largest conventional munitions storage facility in the Department of Defense. It is also responsible for the manufacture of ammunition as well as the demilitarization and disposal of conventional ammunition componenets.

Home to
Primary Units: 
Joint Munitions Command (JMC)
Defense Ammunition Center (DAC)
Nearest City: 
McAlester
State: 
OK
Country: 
US
Share this