Fort William Henry Harrison

About

Fort William Henry Harrison was established in 1892 as an attempt to consolidate the Army's forces into a few larger forts, rather than many small outposts. Fort William Henry Harrison was used during World War II as a training installation for the US Army’s 1st Special Service Force, better known as "The Devil's Brigade".

Today Fort Harrison is the headquarters of Montana's National Guard Joint Forces Command, and is used for training a variety of military, state, and federal employees.

Home to
Primary Units: 
Montana National Guard Joint Forces Headquarters
95th Troop Command
208th Regional Training Institute
1049th Firefighters
Veterans Administration Hospital
Nearest City: 
Helena
State: 
MT
Country: 
US
Share this