Fort Campbell

About

Fort Campbell opened in early 1942, and was immediately put to use training three armored and one infantry division, in support of the war effort in Europe and the Pacific. After World War II, Fort Campbell continued to grow, and in 1956 the 101st Airborne Division was reactivated, with Fort Campbell as their home. Other tenant units at Fort Campbell include the 5th Special Forces Group, the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (SOAR), and the 57th Explosive Ordance Disposal Group.

Mission Statement: 
To Support Expeditionary Forces by Providing Standardized, Effective and Efficient Sustainable Services that Enhance the Well-being of the Fort Campbell Community.
Home to
Primary Units: 
101st Airborne Division
5th Special Forces (Airborne)
160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment
57th EOD Group
Schools: 
Sabalauski Air Assault School
Non-Commissioned Officer Academy
Nearest City: 
Hopkinsville
State: 
KY
Country: 
US
Share this