Camp Dawson

About

Camp Dawson was established in 1909, and trained troops up until the the outbreak of WWI. After WWI, it was unused until 1928, when it was used by the West Virginia Militia.

During WWII, it was used as a hold camp for POWs, and since then has been used to assist in training West Virginia National Guard and Reserve soldiers. The camp consists of over 4,000 acres and has rifle, small arms, and demolitions ranges, combat simulator equipment, several MOUT (Military Operations in Urban Terrain) sites for urban combat training, and classrooms for instruction and training.

Home to
Primary Units: 
West Virginia Army National Guard
Nearest City: 
Kingwood
State: 
WV
Country: 
US
Share this