is the army getting ppl for infantry and airborne?

1 reply [Last post]
Arlex Mena
Joined: 07/25/2012

I am trying to joing the army but i will try to become a army ranger" yes i know its hard" and i know that the only way is thru infantry and airborne,so are they getting ppl for infantry?
if so what can i do to get this mos for sure?

Share this
Your rating: None Average: 5 (1 vote)

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
MSG Glenn
Joined: 08/31/2010
Not the only way

If you want to be a Ranger in the 75th Ranger Regiment the surest way is to get an Option 40 contract. That gets you basic training, MOS school, Airborne School & Ranger Assessment & Selection Program, RASP. While Infantry is the highest populated MOS in the 75th there are many more MOSs there. If you can get Infantry your BCT & AIT are run together as one course called One Station Unit Training, OSUT. There are no Tankers or Cavalry Scouts in the 75th so stay away from those MOSs.

If you can't get an Option 40 contract either wait until they become available or take a chance on being able to volunteer during BCT/AIT/OSUT. Those chances are slim, though.

You can find more information at this link on this site-